Hello! Welcome back returning OCAD U students and hello to all the new students! We thought we would take the opportunity to explain some of the details surrounding blogs where professors have chosen to use this service for their course.
How do I login? Login here with your OCAD U user name (ie. [...]
As you may be aware, we had a maintenance window today that involved migrating the entire OCAD University Blogs service to new server hardware. Here’s some of the great things you may notice as a result of this minor inconvenience:
Vastly improved web performance – page load times, etc. – particularly on campus. Our core [...]
New to Blogging? We have just made available a fantastic selection of tutorial videos that explain how to use WordPress – the software powering OCAD University Blogs. All users have access to these videos, streamed directly from any blog dashboard. Just click on the ‘Video Tutorials’ link in the ‘Dashboard’ section of your Admin Dashboard [...]
If you believe there is a technical issue with your blog, you are encouraged to report it using this Contact form. IT Services will investigate and get back to you ASAP.
Thank you and happy blogging!
Some themes have Twitter features built-in, but for those that don’t, use the “Twitter Goodies” plugin that is automatically available on all blogs. Just configure it from your Admin Dashboard -> Settings -> Twitter Goodies. This plugin has Tweet button integration, a Twitter feed widget, and a Twitter search widget. Widgets can be configured via [...]
Perhaps you want to make your blog completely private and require login to view content?
By default, all new blogs are publicly viewable and appear in the “Updated Blogs”, “New Blogs”, or “Active Blogs” lists at http://blog.ocad.ca.
Blog administrators can modify blog privacy settings via the Dashboard -> Settings -> Privacy.
- Lucas Johnson wins Nikon Scholarship for CONTACT Magnum Photos Workshop May 17, 2013
- OCAD U welcomes Petra Kassun-Mutch as Imagination Catalyst Executive Director May 16, 2013
- Alexander Manu to give keynote at STREAM May 15, 2013
- Charles Reeve elected to CAUT Academic Freedom and Tenure Committee May 14, 2013
- OCAD U leads international Mobile Perspectives symposium in Argentina May 14, 2013
- Patricio Davila and Brian Chen win annual OCAD U teaching awards May 8, 2013