After the feedback from the Schematic Design presentation, I tried out a few variations to see how I could better the posters.
These posters were shown to guest lecturer, Ben. He commented that he liked the 3D aspect and he also liked the overlapping of “film festival” on Cannes. He also liked that “film festival” was stacked as opposed to one line.
For the brochure he suggested I bring in the 3D type to some spreads inside.
The animation he didn’t comment much on.
For the next week I brought in one of the posters from the week before that was preferred in the group critique to show to Franziska. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eN8SpNmlw-uiSbPlr_NAmNawa0IgLdgw/view?usp=sharing
I wasn’t sure what to do with the date, it seemed like it was floating around without any purpose. I was also missing the location.
I decided to stack the date with the location and align it with the baseline of “festival”. It ended up being to long.
For the brochure I needed to adjust some of the repetition elements, rags and adjust the photo in the final page (change the side the gradient was coming from).
After those were corrected, I had to make further adjustments like leading, spacing between images and text, and widows in titles.
The videos do not have documented process due to saving over the After Effects file as I worked on it. What I worked on throughout the weeks was trying to bring the overlapping text of the poster into the animation as well as bring in all the information needed (date, location, artists). I made “Cannes” come from different directions depending on the different repeated information.