DAY FIVE OF OUR EXPERIMENT / DAY WE HAVE OUR MEETING WITH OUR PROFESSORS
October 4, 2017
A few questions have we have:
- Yiyi and Savaya keep having the Hairless Midi crash and we want to know why – later question
- More about the presentation / what it should look like
- Interactive building box of the sensors – how people can use them unlike us / setting maybe?
- Which wire can we use for the soldering for the box?
- Clarify a few things about the blog too
- We want to ask if we could use actual music and not pitch..??
- Can we use these sensors for different things?
The answers to our questions based on what Nick and Kate informed us:
- Make our project interactive – 5 mins worth
- We have to find the relationship of where the sensors are and the speakers – flashlight / where is the light / blocking – how are people interacting with them to make the light?
- Use shorter wires for the link.
- Add in two breadboards? one for all the light sensors – and one for the wires. More organization and space for people to interact
- Not the best use to make a box for the sensors
- We can add in fish or flower petals – the FLOATY portion. Clue = show why and not ask why
- We can create a breadboard that uses all three of the components we talked about to manipulate the music – use Ableton to do this – just have to figure out why / same hardware set up / how you set up the messages based on the code (more design in the code than anything).
- It is crashing because it crashes.. look at how everything else is being run or the OS system
Things to add and remember based on our meeting:
- Turning a light on and off for the switch – between what we have
- Tell people how we want them to interact with our product