Context: Jackson McConnell, a DF graduate from 2014 designed four prototypes for their thesis project. McConnell’s research focusses on poetic computation and emotional affect. This specific prototype looks at ambient notifications/information display and emotional affect.
Main points and take aways:
- Really interesting application of thermo chromic paints
- Poetic computation is something to research more into, and see how others are creating under this theme
- Poetic public?
- How are the chairs networked?
- Crafting the chair was an imporant aspect of the project
- Very bespoke pieces
- Concerns about the bespoke pieces being all too time-consuming to achieve the main goal
- What does ambient interaction in the public setting?
- An interesting application of heat as a response
- Very intimate sensation
- Sitting as a way of settled embodiment in space
Authors referenced in this project:
Malcolm McCullough — Urban planning and Architecture writer