We need your SIN by February 16

Art by https://www.instagram.com/artmontesino/

Effective the 2019 tax year, Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) will require all designated educational institutions in Canada to file T2202 Tuition and Enrolment Certificates forms with the CRA and to make them available to students by February 28, 2020.

To prepare your T2202 form for the 2019 tax year, OCAD U requires your Social Insurance Number (SIN). Subsection 237(1) of the Income Tax Act requires that you provide your SIN, upon request, to the preparer of the tax information slip. More information on this requirement can be found on the  CRA website here.

In order to meet this federal requirement, OCAD U is requesting your SIN number. The SIN will be stored securely and used for federally approved purposes.

Click here to provide your SIN and consent to use for tax purposes, or follow the steps below:

  • Log in to https://my.ocadu.ca/
  • Go to My OCADU Records (Self-Service)
  • Click on your user ID on the top right; Update your SIN information under SIN Collection

Students who are non-residents of Canada are not required to provide a SIN. You must still complete the online form, please select “I do not have a SIN” and submit.
Read the Canada Revenue Agency’s definition of a non-resident for tax purposes.

Provide your SIN by February 16, 2020 to ensure your tax forms are complete.  

For an FAQ, visit the my.ocadu.ca portal.

Image credit: @artmontesino