- The main element is Circult Playground Express, which uses 2 switches to change the animation of the lights.
- There is a pin on the back of the bow, which can be attached to the clothes.
- Random color lights look bright.
When I was wearing Lolita once, I thought the bow could combine the light from the electronics to give a cute, cyber-like feel. When I connected Circult to my computer using a USB cable, the initial rainbow light reminded me of Humpty Lock, which reminds me of Hinamori Amu, turning into colorful four-leaf clovers with four sweethearts. In my work, there are two different touch switches that can control the color change, the color corresponds to the sub-dream transformation and the normal lock color.
- Materials: Sewing kit(with sissors), conductive thread,Circuit Playground Express ,usb wire, small DC Buzzer with Leads, hot melt gun, A cloth, gauze, ribbon, curved brass basting pins.
I had done the basic code on the computer before I stitched it up. All I needed to do was sew the bow out and sew the components in the center of the bow.
2. First of all, I will cut a 10*50cm, 10*46cm, 7*10cm cloth on the dark blue cloth. After cutting, I will sew the 10*50cm, 10*46cm cloth around and leave a 2cm mouth in the middle to turn over. After turning over, fix the position at the center line with a needle and thread pleat. Then fold the 7*10cm cloth strip in half, and then tuck the gauze and ribbon and stick the joint with a hot melt gun; The pins on the back are also glued. Sew wires and conductive threads on bows according to the design drawing, and fix Circuit Playground Express with needle and thread.
My job only requires each different route to control different types of light animations. In MakeCode, I created two ports, each showing the preset color in coding, otherwise, it would run the MakeCode basic animation.
3-2 Final work
- In the process of making it, I found it aesthetically pleasing that I didn’t hide the thread. Next time, I’ll be more careful.
- MakeCode is very powerful and simple for me, it shows what’s happening directly. In one case, I wanted to type in some sounds when the switch was on, which was more like the Yamon Transformation scene, so that’s a goal I’ll be working on in the future.
- I’d like to buy a battery jack for the Express and make a small case for it so I can carry it outside without a USB cable and be more practical and environmentally friendly (you can change the battery).
- At first, I wanted to pin it to my head, but it was hard to show off without a USB cable, and it was extremely inconvenient to wear. I finally decided and wanted to wear it on my chest, and it looked good with my blue Lolita dress.
Shugo Chara! – Wikipedia
Shugo Chara! – Wikipedia. (2022). Retrieved 17 March 2022, from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shugo_Chara!
Prior, O. & Yoyo (2022). MakeCode Introduction [Online Lecture]. Retrieved from https://canvascloud.ocadu.ca/courses/2871/pages/makecode-introduction-45-minutes
Prior, O. & Yoyo (2022). Workshop: Making our own Digital Switches [Online Lecture]. Retrieved from https://canvascloud.ocadu.ca/courses/2871/pages/workshop-making-our-own-digital-switches-45-min