- Project Title
Interactive Canvas (Working title) by Arsalan Akhtar
- Project Description
Ambient advertising is key to win consumers today which encourages discovery of various story telling tools. The “walls” around us are an empty canvas that could tell a lot of interactive stories. Thus, I would like to make an interactive wall that tells a story through sound or display when in close proximity. The subject of the story is about breach of digital privacy and how we in this digital age have given permissions to mobile apps that we use daily.
- Parts, Materials and Technology
- Arduino micro
- Conductive Material
- Piece of wood
- Processing and Arduino Software
- Photoshop for illustration
- Work Plan
- Nov 20-22 : Low fidelity prototyping with arduino, conductive material and resistors
- Nov 23-24: Work on processing to discover storytelling drawing
- Nov 25-26: Procure wood and engrave storytelling assets
- Nov 27-28: debugging of hardware and software
- Nov 29-Dec1: debugging of physical installation
- Dec 2: test run
- Dec 3-4: Display
- Physical Installation
A rectangle piece of wood or paper (around 6ftx6ft) attached or hung against the wall with story engraved on it and facing a projector. The visitors could interact with features on the wall and learn about the story. Thus, a flat wall such the DF gallery could be a great place.
- Resource list
- a bracket to hold the piece of canvas against the wall.