- Ontario-Jiangsu Student Exchange Program Information Session
Monday, January 19th, 2015
1:00 to 2:00pm
Room 287, Level 2, 100 McCaul St
Learn about exciting study abroad opportunities in Jiangsu, China!
The Ontario-Jiangsu Student Exchange Program offers undergraduate and graduate students in Ontario the opportunity to take part in exchanges at Chinese universities. A summer research program and short-term language and culture programs are also offered.
Scholarships are available for eligible participants.
For further information, please visit the Ontario-Jiangsu Student Exchange Program website.
- It’s a Start Pitch Competition: DigiFest Toronto 2015
The deadline is quickly approaching! Applications are due January 30, 2015.
Do you have a business idea that you want to take to the next level? There are only 3 weeks left to apply to our IT’S A START Pitch Competition!
Pitch your business at Digifest in under 3 minutes for your chance to win thousands in cash, incubation space, and mentorship.
All semi-finalists will have the opportunity to participate in a Creative Camp weekend where you will network with other entrepreneurs and receive mentorship on how to improve your pitch.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to expose your ideas to a local and international audience of leaders in the digital industry and a chance to win BIG.
Applications are due January 30, 2015.
Visit torontodigifest.ca/2015/itsastart/ for competition details and to fill out the online application form.
Presented by: George Brown Digital Media and Gaming Incubator with CORUS Entertainment
- Copenhagen Institute for Future Studies Internship Programme:
Global Scanning Network
APPLICATION PERIOD: 1 January and 8 February, 2015.
About The Copenhagen Institute for Futures Studies (CIFS): CIFS is one of the oldest international think tanks in futures studies and strategic foresight, is searching for aspiring researchers and analysts with an interest in futures studies to join our Global Scanning Network (GSN) for Spring 2015 (2 March – 28 August 2015). Internship positions are available in all four of our research units:
- Future of Society & Governance
- Future of Business & Economy
- Future of Consumers & Retail
- Future of People &Well-being
Who should apply?
The CIFS internship programme is open to current master’s and doctoral students and recent graduates in applicable fields of study (Futures Studies, Commerce, Economics, International Relations, Journalism, Law, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, etc.), with experience or an interest in futures- oriented analysis.
The following should characterize you:
- You have an interest in, and a passion for futures studies
- You have strong research skills, and demonstrated writing ability
- You have excellent communication skills
- You have good time-management skills
- You work quickly and efficiently, but with attention to detail
What does the internship involve?
Successful applicants will join CIFS’ Global Scanning Network (GSN) and become involved with one of CIFS’ four research units, depending on their interest, experience, and qualifications.
The internship consists of the following activities:
- Perform horizon scanning using megatrends and PESTLE
- Author editorial-style discussion papers for publication
- Assist with CIFS’ member engagement strategy and membership
- Contribute to CIFS’ social networking initiatives
The internship will provide you with the following opportunities:
- Join an international team of expert analysts and futurists
- Develop skills and expertise in futures-focused methods of analysis and research
- Acquire invaluable experience in applied foresight
- Publish original work in CIFS’ renowned SCENARIO Magazine
What is expected from participants?
- Participants are expected to deliver a weekly horizon scanning and trend report and monthly discussion paper.
- Deadlines are critical and non-negotiable. Deadlines assigned by supervisors need to be adhered to. Interested parties should therefore consider very carefully whether or not they will have adequate time to commit to the CIFS internship on top of their current workload.
- At CIFS we accept only the highest quality of work. Interns are selected based on the fact that we believe they can meet our organization’s high standards.
- Interns are expected to be in regular contact with their supervisors via e-mail and periodically over Skype. It is critical that our team be efficient in this regard, as this efficiency directly impacts on the high standard of our organization as a whole.
The CIFS internship programme is un-remunerated and virtual (successful applicants are not required to relocate). Those who perform well during the internship programme may be offered (a) an opportunity to join CIFS in a more substantial role and contribute to CIFS projects; (b) an opportunity to contribute to and become involved with SCENARIO Magazine to a greater extent; and/or (c) an opportunity to continue involvement in the GSN.
How to apply?
Interested students and graduates are invited to submit an application consisting of (a) their CV, (b) a brief motivation letter, and (c) one example of previously written work to our Internship Manager, Kyle Brown (firstname.lastname@example.org) between 1 January and 8
Applicants should indicate in their application e-mail which CIFS
research unit(s) they would like to be considered for.
NOTE: Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Internship Opportunity – Torino, Italy with Experientia
Experientia is an international experience design consultancy based in Turin, Italy, is looking for an excellent interaction designer. We focus on research driven interaction design. We specialized over the years on interaction design, experience prototyping, information visualization and designing to affect behaviors.
Experientia helps their clients to create people-centred products and services by integrating user and contextual research with a comprehensive design and prototyping approach.
Through our five integrated methodological areas, Envisioning, Understanding, Design, Prototyping and Testing, we offer our clients a holistic practice that goes beyond individual disciplines. This is our core differentiating factor, informing the strategic directions of our design, innovation and communication activities.
In all our services, people are our key reference point. They guide us when we conduct research, develop creative strategies, imagine concepts, craft solutions, design prototypes and test results.
Currently we are working on complex UX projects for consumer electronics, banking, healthcare and public service clients. Most of our projects include a user research phase where interaction designers are encouraged to participate. Core focus is to use interaction design to encourage sustainable behaviours. We are now looking for interaction design interns that will be involved mostly in the idea generation phase of our projects..
The internship lasts from 3 to 6 month and is paid. We support interns in finding accommodation. Interested?
Ideal Candidates are students from:
- Digital Futures (Graduate Diploma, MA, MDes and MFA)
- Inclusive Design (MDes)
- Strategic Foresight and Innovation (MDes)
Duration and support
- Internships should be generally 3-6 months. When the applicant has no Schengen visa, we can avoid visa issues by limiting internships to below 3 months.
- Internships are paid: 800€ gross, are based in Italy, we can help finding accommodation, for every 12 weeks of internship they receive one week paid vacation
- Outstanding visual design skills
- Methodical thinking
- Fascination with typography or information visualization
- Programming skills are a plus
- Interest in design for mobile/tablet applications or social software is an advantage.
- Independent and collaborative work abilities are expected
- Work language is English.
Example Internship tasks
- Participate in user research activities: stakeholder consultation and participatory design
- Visualize user research insights
- Benchmark best practices
- Conceptualize innovative ideas: concept design, participatory design workshop design interactive prototype
- Apply testing insights to concept iteration
How to apply
Please send your resume, cover letter and a short application with portfolio and process documentation of your 2-3 best projects to email@example.com
Design internships are reviewed by Jan-Christoph Zoels, Creative director