National MFA Exhibition: June 8 – 10, 2018
2018 MFA Exhibitor Application Available: January 7, 2018
Submission Deadline: February 16th , 2018
ABOUT PLUS ART FESTIVAL (AF):
PLUS Art Festival is the largest exhibition of Canadian MFA work, providing a platform for emerging artists, curators, and educators who will lead the arts and culture scene in the years to come. As an annual event featuring all mediums of visual art, PLUS AF will become the destination for emerging art in Canada, featuring universities and alumni exhibiting together.
– MFA Alumni who have received their Masters of Fine Arts degree from a Canadian
– Canadian artists who have received a Masters of Fine Arts degree from a degree
granting institution from abroad
– Current MFA candidates
Drawing & Painting, Sculpture, Installation, Photography, Film & Video, Printmaking, Fiber & Textiles
Artist’s applications will go through a jury selection, made up of members of the arts community. The names of the jury members will be announced after the deadline date February 16th.
– We accept work from artists who live outside of Ontario; work can be shipped to Toronto if artists cannot be present to install their work. PLUS AF can install artwork on the artist’s behalf; a small installation/takedown fee will be applied.
IMPORTANT DATES: Exhibition dates June 8-10, 2018
January 7th, 2018 – Artist exhibitor applications open
February 16th, 2018 – Artist exhibitor applications close
March 2nd, 2018 – Successful applicants will be notified of their acceptance
March 16th, 2018 – Registration fees due
Fees and Payment:
$25 non-refundable submission fee
$250 Exhibitor Fee (includes everything in section below)
Single Room Installations
$750 Single Room Exhibitor Fee
Two rooms are available for single artists, collaborations or collectives to create a large-scale installation, interactive work or video projection.
PLUS AF OFFERS:
– Exhibition space (including lighting). We will work closely with artists to make sure their work is properly located and presented.
– National exposure through print and social media
– Inclusion in print catalogue and online materials
– Access to the VIP/collectors reception
– Exposure to hundreds of visitors, collectors, gallerists and curators
– Media exposure
– All artwork will be available for sale. PLUS AF will not take commissions on sales.
1. Fill out the Application Form online – http://bit.ly/2j0Za6F
– Includes biography, artist statement, curriculum vitae, 3 images of artwork or links to videos.
2. Application fee sent by e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org