Nineteen graduate students from across the province took to the Concert Hall stage in L.R. Wilson Hall at McMaster University this morning. Each student had just three minutes to present their research and its broader impact to a panel of non-specialist judges, using only one static presentation slide.
Congratulations to this year’s winners:
- First place goes to Alex Kjorven from Ryerson University.
- Yoah Sui from Western University took second place.
- Amanda Brissenden from Queen’s University placed third.
- Fourth spot went to David Patch from the Royal Military College.
- Fifth place to Haya Almutairi from the University of Waterloo.
The Competitor’s Choice award went to Sui from Western University.
An honourable mention goes out to Uttara Ghodke, a MDes candidate in the Inclusive Design Program. Uttara represented OCAD U at the provinical finals and presented her Major Research Project, entitled:
“The Cross-Sensory Globe: Co-designing a 3D Audio-Tactile Globe Prototype for Blind and Low-Vision Users to Learn Geography.”