A new full-time summer opportunity for a data visualization designer at the Toronto Region Board of Trade, has just come up and I am writing to inquire whether you would like to recommend any qualified students for this position? Perhaps someone who has worked with you at the VALab. They are open to either a Masters student or an undergrad who demonstrates maturity and a “comfort level with numbers and the idea of visualizing big data.”
Full job description attached
Any of your suggestions would be welcomed and I am happy to follow-up directly to share the role with any recommended candidates.
Ideally, they (or their work) would be available at GradEx, as the VP of the Economic Blueprint Institute will be coming by to seek out talent. If there is anyone who you’d suggest we check out this week, please let me know.
For your convenience, key qualifications and candidate traits, summarised here, include:
- seeking a student in the design field to work with the EBI team to conceptualize the “look and feel” of data visualizations and products that will be featured in its first Economic Blueprint
- The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience working with a variety of data visualization software
- feel comfortable working with large, quantitative data sets
- share a passion for using design to communicate insights from data
- have working knowledge and understanding of design concepts and data visualization techniques for both tabular and mapping data.
- Good working knowledge of Adobe suite of graphic design software, Power BI, Tableau, and Microsoft Powerpoint.
All the best.
MILES COLLYER, MFA, MBA
MANAGER, CAREER DEVELOPMENT
CENTRE FOR EMERGING ARTISTS & DESIGNERS