Curated by active filmmakers and artists, Toronto New Wave (TNW) represents the work of budding creatives of the highest calibre both locally and internationally. Our mission is to celebrate the experimental, undiscovered talent of the new generation of artists who are taking creative risks. We believe that by providing a platform for new voices, using new forms, to tell new stories: that we can be a catalyst for community-forming, initiating waves of social and political change.
The TNW 2019 program will feature selections from our Made in Canada and World New Wave categories:
1) Short films (narrative, documentary, music video, animation, experimental, 360)
2) Live music performance
2) Immersive/ interactive new media art (VR/AR/MR, installation)
TNW combines the cinematic experience of watching films on the big screen, attending a live concert, and participating in immersive VR/AR experiences. TNW is cultivating relationships between film, music, and interactive art communities, and offering a unique entertaining experience for audiences.
1) Work presented as part of highly attended festival event.
2) Valuable pries and categorised awards (judged by industry panel)
3) Q&A feature sessions with audiences throughout screenings
4) Exclusive, industry after-party with artists, filmmakers, industry professionals (and guests)
5) Featured exposure on the TNW social media outlets, regardless of selection status, all applicants are invited to reach out and request spotlight attention.
All of the information and application forms can be found through this link:
Miriam Arbus is the programming coordinator, and wants to connect with anyone who is interested or has questions! Feel free to email, email@example.com