To whom it may concern,
My name is Matthew Broser and I am currently in my fourth year of undergraduate studies in the Interdisciplinary Arts and Science Program at the University of Windsor. I serve as the President of the Bachelor of Arts and Science Association and the Vice President of Communications on the C2C (Combining Two Cultures) Conference Planning Committee. On behalf of the C2C 2020 team, I would like to extend an invitation to you and the students of your interdisciplinary programs to attend our conference in January.
Universities across Ontario have hosted these conferences since 2009 and we are proud to say that this year marks the first time that the Combining 2 Cultures Conference will be held at the University of Windsor. The conference name comes from the notion of combining the two cultures of the Arts and the Sciences. We seek to offer attendees (or “delegates”) a truly unique interdisciplinary experience. This one-of-a-kind, student-led conference is aimed towards an international community of undergraduate thinkers whose programs and perspectives transcend traditional subject boundaries. It focuses on bridging the gaps between disciplinary knowledge and applying an integrative approach to help students network, grow personally and professionally, and explore complex issues facing the modern world.
We are officially announcing this year’s theme of “Building Bridges”. This theme reflects the core interdisciplinary endeavors of thinking critically and connecting conventional disciplines in innovative ways. It also evokes the image of our city’s famous landmark: the Ambassador Bridge. It is the single most productive international border crossing in North America and spans the scenic Detroit River. It serves as a symbol of Windsor’s proud heritage, embracing culture, and connected way of life.
C2C 2020: Building Bridges will be held from January 17th to 19th, 2020 at the University of Windsor in Windsor, Ontario. It will consist of:
- Social Events with fun atmospheres that highlight the attractions of the Windsor community and foster lasting friendships.
- Keynote speakers and panelists from an array of professional backgrounds to interact with delegates and offer insight on the value of interdisciplinary education and collaboration in their careers.
- Student-led, seminar-style working groups and skill sessions creating spaces to share passions, learn new skills, and hold conversations on important issues. Delegates will have the opportunity to apply to lead their own sessions.
- Events held in the brand new Windsor Armouries – School Of Creative Arts situated in the heart of downtown Windsor.
- Prizes, giveaways, and swag bags.
Billeting and other options for accommodations will be available soon. Registration, ticket purchasing, and website updates will be forthcoming. We ask that you please forward this conference information to any students who may also be interested in attending. Our current social media channels are available below, and you are welcome to contact us at email@example.com with any questions. We hope to hear back from you soon and we thank you for helping us to bring students together in a meaningful way.
Vice President of Communications