UX Design – Intern
Hey! Interested in IoT? Yeah, us too. Apply on the OCADU Talent Network Job Board: http://bit.ly/2Kzfo4D
We’re ecobee, a proudly Canadian hardware company transforming the way energy is used in the home. As first-to-market pioneers in the connected home space, we introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi compatible thermostat. Our beautifully designed devices help reduce energy waste and carbon emissions. So, they aren’t just smart for our users—but for our planet too.
To keep that creativity and innovation going, we offer a flexible and multidisciplinary environment where designers, hardware engineers, manufacturing engineers, and software professionals collaborate.
We have the ideas, we have the passion, we have the funding, we just need the people. We are looking for tinkerers and inventors. Are you building a robot in your spare time? Or creating software or tools to simplify the lives of others, or better yet save the planet? We can’t do this alone and we would love your help.
As part of the internship program, you will:
- Be mentored by, learn from, and be supported by a team of 20+ creatives (UX, research, content, graphic design, project management, and art direction)
- Make mistakes (hopefully tons of them!) and learn from every single one
- Collaborate with UX designers, researchers, content writers, graphic designers, and product managers on projects that impact millions of users
- Participate in all product design activities, including user testing, participant recruitment and coordination, design charrettes and product work
- Present your work to your fellow team members and to ecobee leaders, explaining your rationale behind design decisions
- Most importantly, have fun! You’re here to learn, grow, and stretch out of your comfort zone
What experience will you have?
- Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or equivalent
- Experienced in interaction design, including designing for responsive web, mobile applications
- Collaborative with cross-functional teams, with a desire to learn and participate in the product development process
- Dedicated to user-centered design, research and validating assumptions with real people
- Self-motivated and keenly interested in connected home products and IoT
Are you the one we’re looking for? If so, we would love to hear from you!
Some cool articles/links about ecobee and what it’s like to work here:
- New ecobee Thermostat: https://www.digitaltrends.com/home/ecobee-drops-new-smartthermostat/
- CNET Feature: https://www.cnet.com/news/inside-ecobee-thermostat-smart-home-plans-to-outsmart-nest/
- Co-op at ecobee: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/ecobee-co-op-experience-vol-2-kenny-rozario/
ecobee is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.