More info here:
Design at Shopify
Our design team is made up of over 400 designers, content strategists, researchers, and front-end developers across 4 Canadian cities. Although everyone at Shopify is responsible for building great experiences, the design team has a special role in building an understanding and empathy for entrepreneurs.
These entrepreneurs rely on Shopify to provide them with the tools they need to run their business. Creating beautiful products includes identifying the right problems, performing research, prototyping solutions, and shipping features (sometimes all in the same week). The Shopify design internship program is an opportunity to take ownership over projects and to collaborate with other creatives, UX researchers and engineers, on a multi-disciplinary team. We believe in testing, iteration, and in giving our employees the room to experiment and grow.
Our Shopify design team creates tools that give even the most inexperienced entrepreneur the best chance to succeed. At the same time, we design solutions that help some of the world’s leading businesses manage enormous complexity. Making commerce better for everyone, no matter where they’re located or their level of experience; is Shopify’s passion, and one of our designers main objectives.
We welcome design interns from all backgrounds, whether you’re a student leveling up or a professional transitioning from another industry. A portfolio is considered a great asset, but not a requirement for the internship.
As a Design Intern at Shopify, you will:
- Be an active part of every stage of the design process to improve our merchants’ experience: from idea to research, building, shipping, and launch. This includes participating in design sprints to define and explore merchant problems.
- Help your team develop empathy for our merchants and advocate for our merchants’ needs. Data will be just one of the many tools you will use to help inform your work.
- Be paired with a dedicated mentor and a team of highly skilled designers who are committed to supporting your success and growing your skills through consistent feedback
- Collaborate with different disciplines. You’ll get the chance to work closely with engineers, product managers, and front-end developers to help explore, build, and ship your designs.
- Learn how to approach complex problems and design elegant solutions
- Improve how you communicate the design challenges and opportunities you encounter
You’re the kind of person who has:
- The desire to grow – you’ll have the opportunity to dive into new and uncomfortable challenges
- The ability to clearly present your point of view, express ideas, and accept feedback
- A passion for unpacking and solving complex problems
- A unique interest for the end user – advocating for them in all areas of your work is core to what you do
- A desire to improve on iterative design practices
- Proficiency with Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator or Figma
We will be accepting applications until January 20th at 9:00am EST. Applications will not be accepted after this date and time. Applications will be reviewed and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis in the weeks following.
This list is intended as a forum in which to share opportunities for jobs, internships, residencies, fellowships, and grants with alumni and current students of the OCADU Digital Futures undergraduate and graduate programs. To post something to this list please contact the DF Undergrad Chair, the DF Graduate Program Director, the DF Graduate Program Coordinator, or select DF faculty.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Digital Futures Opportunities List (OCADU)” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/df-opportunities/YQXPR01MB3190E8A8F328EC323D1FAE7AF23F0%40YQXPR01MB3190.CANPRD01.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM