Dazibao is a contemporary art center and non-profit organization dedicated to the dissemination and mediation of contemporary image practices, privileging artistic experimentation, enquiry and reflection related to current social issues.
Every year Dazibao does a call for proposals for image-based works, called Jeune tête d’affiche. The selected artist will have their image featured in Dazibao’s programming pamphlet in poster format and receive an award in the amount of $500.
With a large print-run, this poster will be distributed locally, nationally and internationally, thus giving the selected image considerable exposure.
- Artists must be completing their graduate degree in Fine Arts in the spring or fall of 2021.
- The call is designated for students of Canadian universities and Canadian students abroad.
- Artists are encouraged to consider the poster as a format.
- Only proposals submitted via the online form will be considered.
- Only the selected artist will be contacted.
Visit our website for more information about Dazibao and our programming.
See the list of previous recipients here.
Dazibao is dedicated to the development and presentation of original artworks by Quebec and Canadian artists whose contemporary practices are founded on the image. Providing the public an opportunity to forge connections between locally rooted artistic practices and broader conversations in contemporary arts, works are presented with the idea of contextualizing their relevance within a broader art ecology.
By questioning the discourses, uses and modes of disseminating images, Dazibao explores artistic as well as historical and social issues, sharing them with the various communities that make up Montreal’s diversity.