This year’s Children, Youth, and Performance Conference is held by York University in Partnership with the Young People’s Theatre. The conference includes a range of workshops, networking opportunities, panels, and performances for students, researchers, artists and educators from June 25th until June 27th, 2021.
Our special invited presenters include established researchers, playwrights and artists in the field such as Dr. Urvashi Sahni, Djennie Laguerre, Dr. Naila Keleta-Mae, Mike Payette, Herbie Barnes, and Lauren Gunderson!
This event provides attendees with ideas and resources to use performing arts methods in their work with children and young people, opportunities for networking with colleagues in the field, and participating in unique workshops.
This is an opportunity to learn new skills, take workshops, and set your resume apart. We are offering a significant discount to students (covering all sessions, workshops, performances).
All students receive the discounted fee of $15 plus tax for three days of activities.
Registration covers three days, and attendees can pick which sessions they want to attend. Attendees will have access to numerous workshops, performances, panels and sessions, covering a wide variety of topics, such as:
- Experiential drama with young people
- Digital performances with and for children and youth
- Performance for social justice and advocacy
- Community music programming
- Drama-based research methods
- Mental health and the performing arts
- Anti-racism in child and youth performance work
- Drama, dance, and music in educational settings
- Trauma-informed creative practices
- Consent in performance work with youth
- Teaching diversity through performance
- Story-telling through drama and performance
And many more exciting topics!
To learn more details about the presentations, follow our new twitter account @CYPConference and our new Facebook page, as we will be updating these pages with more details throughout the next few weeks.