The Seed Fund for Creative Entrepreneurs
Deadline to submit an Expression of Interest: Nov. 19, 2021
Learn More: bit.ly/ceadseedfund (hyperlink)
The Seed Fund for Creative Entrepreneurs is an exclusive opportunity for OCAD U students and recent alumni to receive funding to help launch a creative business.
The Seed Fund supports creative businesses in all the possible forms it can take.
Recipients will be awarded up to $4,000 to help launch their business.
In addition, a company tackling a social problem will be awarded the Ample Labs Prize of $1,000. The Ample Labs Prize is possible with the generous endowment from two OCAD U grads, CG Chen and Geordie Graham.
Virtual Info Session
Nov. 3, 2021
11AM – 12PM EDT
Attend this info session to learn more about the opportunity and how to submit an Expression of Interest.
- Be an OCAD U student OR recent alumni from any program of study who graduated in 2019 or later
- If your business idea involves personnel from outside OCAD U, then one co-founder must meet the above qualification
- Your business has not yet received more than $10,000 in funding or revenue at the time of application
Expression of Interest Submission Requirements
- Name, contact information, program of study, and confirmation of your eligibility regarding the qualifications above
- If applicable, the business name and/or website, and the names and affiliations of any collaborators
- A 250 word (max.) write up that explains
a) What is your business idea (what are you doing and how are you doing it)
b) Why you and/or your team are the people to realize this idea (i.e. your passion, your unique perspective)
c) What successful milestones have you achieved to date
d) The major challenges you face right now in realizing the business idea
Apply Now: bit.ly/2021seedfundeoi