How It Works
- Selected entries will become part of the Silent Auction at SNAP! 2016, Toronto’s most exciting contemporary art auction, taking place Thursday March 31, 2016. All proceeds of the Silent Auction support the programs and services of the AIDS Committee of Toronto (ACT). Photographic entries will be submitted by email. Photos selected for the Silent Auction will be printed and matted by our print sponsor.All photographers and photo-based artists are welcome.PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION FINALISTS AND AWARDS:
A total of 7 prizes will be awarded as follows:
One prize of $1,000 – The Jim P. Shea Award for Best Overall Submission
Six awards of merit of $500 eachSUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- All entries must be completed online by 11:59 PM EST Nov 12, 2015.
- A $30 submission fee for the first entry and $10 for each additional entry
- A .jpg file of photograph(s). No watermarks.
– Resolution size: maximum 1280 pixels on the longest side, .jpg files only
– File naming: TitleYourInitials, example Red Car by Karl Smith file name is “RedCarKS”
– Please no characters, symbols, punctuation or spaces.
All entrants will be notified the week of November 19, 2015.
- ACT reserves the right to withold any submissions from exhibition or sale that fail to meet the expectation of quality elicited through the original .jpg submission.
- Artist Name and Title of Work will appear at auction beside the work to ensure the artists’ image(s) are properly credited.
- Each print will be labeled on the back with the artists’ name and image title, and “SNAP! 2016 Silent Auction Selection”.
- Contact information will only be used for the purpose of contacting the contestant with regard to the SNAP! event and to advise them of future SNAP! events, unless the contestant has otherwise indicated on their submission form.
- All submissions must comply with the SNAP! Contemporary Photo Competition and Silent Auction Rules as outlined. All other submissions may be disqualified. Please read the SNAP! 2016 Official Rules.Questions? Please contact Cheryl Powers, SNAP! 2016 Silent Auction Chair, at email@example.com.
Use of this service is governed by the IT Acceptable Use and Web Technologies policies.
Privacy Notice: It is possible for your name, e-mail address, and/or student/staff/faculty UserID to be publicly revealed if you choose to use OCAD University Blogs.