Prefix is hiring a Publications Assistant for the summer!
The Publications Assistant is responsible for two key aspects of the organization’s activities. The first area consists of the cataloguing of recent acquisitions to the library and archive, while the second involves assisting with Prefix’s publications. Applicants with education or experience in only one of these areas are nonetheless encouraged to apply, as Prefix will provide training to the successful candidate, as needed. The Publications Assistant works with the Operations Manager and reports to the Director/Curator.
– excellent verbal and written communication skills
– computer literacy (MAC environment)
– motivated, outgoing and self-directed
– ability to work cooperatively in an open-concept office
– responsible and reliable
– knowledge of contemporary art
– fluency in French
– are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada; Note: Non-Canadian students holding temporary work visas or awaiting permanent status are not eligible.
– are legally entitled to work in Canada;
– are between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
– meet the eligibility criteria of the program for which you are applying;
– are registered in the YCW on-line candidate inventory;
– are willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment;
– do not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week) while employed with YCW;
– intend to return to full-time studies in the semester following the YCW job.
Note: Students with a disability are eligible for part-time work.
Deadline: May 1, 2016
Start date: May 30, 2016