Don’t miss the exciting opportunity to design and build an installation to be displayed in the lobby of Scotia Plaza located at 40 King St. W, Toronto. Partnering with Scotiabank and Dream Office Reit to sponsor the competition, the installation will celebrate, draw attention for and create an impactful and positive conversation about diversity, equality and inclusion.
The installation is to occupy a 10’ x 10’ space, approximately 10 feet high to be located in the lobby of 40 King St. West in the walkway from ground floor Adelaide St. entrance that leads to Starbucks. The installation is to be a physical display (no digital image). The material would have to be hard and durable to withstand public access.
Finalist – $5,000 prize + $10,000 production (includes materials and installation)
Award for 2 Honourable Mentions – $500 each
Faculty of Art graduating students and/or student teams (maximum 3 students, at least 2 participating in Grad Ex) must be participating in Grad Ex 2017.
- 250-word creative/artistic proposal
- 4 images of existing work (In PDF form or digital documentation)
- Student number and telephone number
- Submit to: Vivian So, Program Assistant, Faculty of Art at firstname.lastname@example.org
Good to know
- Strategically important to the diversity & inclusion (LGBT+) goals
- Once on site, you may need help to construct/install the project, which must be part of the budget
Providing real quotes from fabricators in your budget is encouraged
- Please consider your audience as they are primarily from corporate Toronto, it must be professional, inappropriate content will result in your submission being disqualified.
- Project Timeline:
Outline launch: April 20, 2017
Proposal deadline: April 28, 2017
Jury Day: During GradEx (May 3 – 7, 2017)
Award Announcement: TBA
Creation of Project: May 7 – 30, 2017
Delivery date: May 31, 2017
Installation date: June 1, 2017 (revealed at Scotiabank / DREAM Pride Kick-off event June 2nd) Duration of display: several months
Questions or concerns for applicants can be directed to the Project Coordinator:
Rob Nicholls, Sessional Instructor, Drawing and Painting email@example.com