User Agreement Policy:
The Pride Chronicles blog aims to provide a forum for individual storytelling from the international queer community and its allies. In this spirit, here are some guidelines for posting your stories.
We will remove inappropriate stories. This includes any story with:
- Offensive, discriminatory, hateful, or degrading comments
- Revealing personal information about yourself or others – such as posting contact information, photographs or revealing individual names in posts we deem to be potentially offensive. [see privacy guidelines below]
- If a comment states that the poster or someone else is at risk of harming themselves or others, we may be required to report the post.
If you are sharing content that may potentially be upsetting for some readers, please post a trigger warning. Trigger warnings are often used to warn readers about potentially upsetting content (written or otherwise). You can do this by writing ‘TW ’or ‘trigger warning’ and then describing what might be upsetting about it, before writing your comment or post. For example, ‘TW – description of violence’
If a comment reveals too much private information that may be used in a harmful manner, it may be deleted for your safety.
Revealing too much private information could be:
- Sharing images or personal information of yourself or somebody else, such as phone numbers, addresses, physical description, place of work, etc
- Sharing email addresses or passwords of you or somebody else