Hello India Students!
I hope you have survived the end of the term in one piece! Once you have gotten some sleep please make sure you get everything done for India that needs to be in place before Monday, including:
1) Immunizations/prescriptions filled
2) Tourist Visa picked up
3) Travel medical insurance policy purchased
4) Flights booked and information emailed to me (ASAP please)
5) All forms completed and ready to hand in to me on Monday or before (I will be on campus on Thursday all day, Friday afternoon, and Monday afternoon.)
6) Plan to register for the course and pay your tuition by May 1st (check most updated per credit tuition costs before filling out your cheque)
Other things to do:
– Register as Canadian Aboard with the federal government (http://travel.gc.ca/travelling/registration)
– Let your bank and credit card company know when and where you will be traveling in order to avoid blocked usage (your travels could trigger identify theft alerts)
– Pick up a outlet converter for India – you will need a two rounded pin adapter, which looks like this, http://www.fullstopindia.com/the-right-adaptor-for-india
– Assemble basic supplies you want to bring with you for documenting, brainstorming and prototyping activities (i.e. sketchbook, pens and pencils of choice, markers, post-it notes, x-acto knife but remember it must be in checked baggage, etc.)
And lastly, we will be meeting on Monday, April 22 at 6pm at Motimahal Restaurant located at 1422 Gerrard Street East (http://www.motimahal.com/location.html) for a little taste of India. Dinner costs are on your own – luckily it’s cheap and delicious! We will order individually downstairs and then have space for our group on the second floor. Meet outside (unless it is raining) at 6pm, and please be on time. Plan to be done around 7:30pm. Besides dinner, we will also be going over course materials.
Let me know if you have any question and/or if you need to drop off forms before dinner on Monday evening. I will be on campus on Monday afternoon between 3 and 5pm.