From now until mid-October, OCAD U students who left projects, tools and materials in the campus’s studios in March will have the opportunity to schedule access to retrieve them. Access will be coordinated over two weeks, beginning October 13 and ending October 23, between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m.
How to apply for access:
- Complete an access request form.
- Provide details in the comments section regarding the items you want to pick up, whether you need access to a dolly or the loading dock and the time of day you plan to arrive.
A schedule providing staggered access the studios has been created to ensure that physical distancing and other safety protocols are in place.
What can I expect when I come to campus?
Your name will be verified by Safety & Security Services and you’ll be asked to complete a short COVID-19 questionnaire before you can enter the building. If you are feeling sick, we ask that you not come to campus. You will be required to wear a face mask when accessing the building. If you do not have a mask, you will be provided with one.
A few things to note:
- If you are unable to retrieve items during this period, the University will continue to hold your items until the campus can fully reopen.
- While this special access is only for the retrieval of items from studios, the University is exploring and discussing studio access for the Winter 2020 term. More information will be shared when details are finalized.
- Please be aware the University may need to make changes to this access plan depending on the evolving situation of COVID-19 in Toronto and directives issued by the Toronto Public Health and/or Government of Ontario.
Be safe and protect yourself
Toronto Public Health has issued several guidelines to help reduce the spread of COVID-19, including maintaining physical distance (two metres or six feet) from others, wearing a mask or face covering in indoor public spaces, and washing your hands often.