- 2014 ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING @ Pleasure Dome
Sunday, September 14, 2pm
@ VMAC Gallery, 4th floor,
401 Richmond St. W., Toronto
This is your opportunity to have a say in Pleasure Dome’s future. We urge you as a Pleasure Dome member in good standing, to join the Board of Directors/Programming Collective in an open discussion about the current status and future direction of Pleasure Dome. Come with ideas for upcoming screenings and events and help us form the new Programming Collective, either by standing for election or simply by casting your vote. Your presence at the AGM is crucial to the democratic process of our non-profit artist-run organization. If you are not able to attend, you will be able to vote by proxy by asking another eligible voting member to vote on your behalf. Please contact us for a Proxy to be filled out prior to September 14, 2014 or to receive a copy of the 2013 AGM Minutes prior to the meeting contact Tom Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Call for Quorum; introduction of Chairperson Zoë Heyn-Jones (Acting President) and others in attendance.
2. Review and approval of Agenda
3. Review 2013 AGM Minutes and approve
4. Report on the 2013/2014 Programming Season by Tom Taylor, Program Co-ordinator
5. Report from the past Board President — Erik Martinson
6. Review Financial Statements & Auditor’s Report for the Fiscal Year ending August 31, 2013
7. Motion to accept Auditor’s Report & Appointment of the 2014/2015 Auditor
8. a.) Review Proposed changes to 2008 Preamble (see below)
b.) Motion to accept revised Preamble
9. Review current status of 2013/2014 Board/ Programming Collective
10. Other business
11. a.) Review Board of Directors/ Programming Collective responsibilities.
b.) Nomination and Election of the new Board of Directors/ Programming Collective for a two year-term starting September 14, 2014.
12. Motion to end meeting
- Pan-Canadian Student Film Meetings: 43rd edition of the Festival du nouveau cinéma of Montreal
Concordia University is hosting the inaugural Pan-Canadian Student Film Meetings, as part of the 43rd edition of the Festival du nouveau cinéma of Montreal.
This 3-day event, from October 16th to 18th 2014, is two-fold:
· On the one hand, it includes a friendly competition: every institution (Canadian universities and schools of cinema) is invited to select a short student film and submit it to represent the school. This short film should have been produced during the school year 2013/14 and will be screened during the meeting. The films’ directors will be invited to participate and a prestigious jury of cinema professionals will choose the winning film.
· On the other hand, the Festival du nouveau cinéma will offer a range of activities and meetings to facilitate both formal and informal exchanges among students and school representatives. And everyone will have unlimited access to the Festival screenings, lectures and activities.
Conceived as a forum for discussion and exchange of ideas, and also as a unique place for festivities and discoveries, the Pan-Canadian Student Film Meetings aims to create a lively, ongoing dialogue among Canada’s diverse cinema communities.
We urge you to participate in what promises to be an important forum for the future of emerging filmmakers and cinema education in Canada. To submit a film to represent your program or to register, please contact Camille Favroul (email@example.com). The deadline is August 31, 2014.