DIVERSITY & EQUITY EXCELLENCE AWARD FOR STUDENTS 2014/2015
Call for Nominations
DEADLINE: Friday, February 27, 2015.
Digital NOMINATION forms are available upon request via reply email: email@example.com
Printed NOMINATION forms are available in: Campus Life (51 McCaul Street, Level 1); Office of Diversity, Equity & Sustainability Initiatives (115 McCaul Street, Level 2) and OCAD Student Union (205 Richmond St. West, Level 5).
The Diversity & Equity Excellence Award for Students is sponsored by OCAD Student Union and the Office of the Associate Vice-President, Students. It includes a $1,000 prize and a congratulatory letter from OCAD University (OCAD U) President/Vice-Chancellor, Dr. Sara Diamond, with its recipient announced at the annual student leadership appreciation event in March.
OCAD U will foster a rich engagement with multiple perspectives and practices and our students will be formed
and informed by a wide spectrum of knowledge and experience embodied in an inclusive variety of communities, philosophies and ways of knowing. OCAD U will provide a work and learning environment that respects, supports and values all students, staff, and faculty and promotes equitable access to, and participation in, the ecology of OCAD U.
Equity refers to the rights of individuals and groups to an equitable share of resources and influence in society. “Equity” means equitable access and outcomes. Equity work analyses and challenges unfair systems and practices and works towards the creation of equitable outcomes.
Currently enrolled (part-time or full-time) OCAD U undergraduate and graduate students.
Each year the Selection Committee will consist of:
- Director of Diversity, Equity & Sustainability Initiatives
- Associate Vice-President, Students
- Campus Life Coordinator, Student Success Programs
- Two members of the Student Union Board
- Nominations will be accepted from all members of the OCAD U community such as students, alumni, faculty and administration until Friday, February 27, 2015
- Nominations must be submitted with the student’s consent and the student’s signature
- Students cannot nominate themselves
- Nominations must include a description of the nominee’s exceptional contribution to the University and to equity and diversity using the selection criteria outlined below
- Nominators may provide any supporting materials/documents to aid the committee’s understanding and selection
Please fill out a NOMINATION form and submit to Brent Everett James, Campus Life Coordinator, Student Success Programs, 51 McCaul Street, Level 1 (Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm) OR by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than Friday, February 27, 2015.
Please describe nominee’s achievements by explaining in no more than 500 words:
- Specific examples of how the nominee meets the selection criteria outlined below.
- How these examples have advanced equity on campus
- Any additional points you feel would be relevant to the selection committee.
- Advocacy and leadership in promoting human rights, equity and social justice
- Active and consistent commitment to attaining meaningful inclusion of students from systemically, structurally and historically marginalized communities by identifying and addressing barriers and finding pathways to access for all students
- Consistent and/or impactful engagement in creating or supporting opportunities on and off campus to advance understanding and promote social change
BRENT EVERETT JAMES
Campus Life Coordinator
Student Success Programs
T 416 977 6000 x275