Toronto Startup Job Fair
WHERE: MaRS Discovery District, Toronto ON
Art Shows in Toronto
Toronto is exceedingly difficult compared to finding, say, a concert or a food festival. Akimbo is a great tool for finding shows (and we do our best), but there’s a real need in the city for more support for the huge array of gallery shows going on at any given time. So it’s exciting to see a new contender has popped up online.
Simply titled Art Shows in Toronto (artshowstoronto.ca), the project is “just getting things underway,” but you can get a good look now at what the listing site is all about: one tab lists upcoming exhibits including OCAD’s GradEx (though MOCCA‘s Contact opening, for instance, is currently missing), while ongoing shows covers everything from Basquiat at the AGO to Hoda Zarbaf at Walnut.
Shows can be submitted for free via a form on the website, with an option to be featured for pay. The site hints that a full launch is coming later this spring.
While my sketchbag dream of a full index of every art show opening in the city offering free food and/or wine may not be in the works, this is a promising development for Toronto’s diverse but often over-looked gallery scene.
Check out Art Shows Toronto’s beta site here.
Bridge Education Abroad Institute Ireland & Costa Rica Summer Programs:
Bridge Education Abroad Institute (BEAI), I am writing to you today to inform you about our summer program in Ireland & Costa Rica. Our institute plans short programs all across the world, to provide students with unique opportunities to experience different political cultures while strengthening their leadership and diplomacy skills. Our programs draw a diverse group of students together from all over the world to discuss pressing global issues while exchange cultural values. In a rapidly globalizing world, we believe these experiences are invaluable to the success of students in the global job market.
For the summer of 2015, we have one program scheduled in Dublin, Ireland and San Jose, Costa Rica during June, July and August. This program will include lectures from experienced professors and guest speakers from all over the globe, including the United States of America. A few of our professors include:
- Professor James Carras – Harvard University’s John F. Kennedy School of Government. (Costa Rica)
- Previous Professor at M.I.T’s Department of Urban Studies and Planning
- Previous Community Development Advisor to the Mayor of Boston
- Prof. Dr. Timoey Agarin – Prof. at the school of politics and international studies at Queens University Belfast. (Ireland)
- Director of the Centre for the study of Ethnic Conflict
- Co-founder of the collaborative research network “Romanis in Europe: probing the limits of integration”
- Prof. Dr. Rory Costello – Course Director for European Studies at the University of Limerick. (Ireland)
- PhD from Trinity College Dublin
- Previously worked at the University of Twente in the Netherlands and at the London School of Economics.
*All Ireland lectures will be held at Trinity College Dublin and University College Cork. All Costa Rica lectures will be held in San Ramon.
The students will enrich their knowledge of Costa Rica & Ireland’s history, international politics, and economics while also enjoying travel to famous and historic places. We also encourage students to get to know one another and share cultural values through planned social events.
- A tour of the Dáil (Irish Parliament)
- Field trips to Blarney Castle
- City of Lahinch
- Cliffs of Moher (Ireland’s most popular attraction) and more
- Manuel Antonio National Park
- Volcano Poás
- Coffee Plantation
- Sustainable Development Sites
Even with the summer close at hand, there are still plenty of students still figuring out their plans for the upcoming break. We hope you will consider recognition of our institute as an option for your students who are looking for international opportunities. We would greatly appreciate if you can pass the information about our program on to your students. If you believe you have students at your university that would be interested in this unique opportunity, please inform them to contact us via email@example.com
Thank you very much for your support, and to find more information about our program, you may visit: