For the first time, photography majors at OCAD University and Ryerson University’s School of Image Arts will collaborate for the inaugural Art Camp Residency in downtown Toronto. Led by core faculty Robyn Cumming, Jennifer Long, and Marc Losier, a select group of students from OCAD U and the School of Image Arts will participate in events, workshops, talks, and portfolio reviews, leading towards a group exhibition of new work at the Ryerson Artspace at the Gladstone Hotel next Fall 2015.
Applicants will be selected on their artistic merit, availability during summer months, and interest in collaboration.
Application Checklist: In one PDF or Dropbox link, include the following:
- Applicant information:
- University and current year of study/year of graduation
- Preferred email address
- Confirmation of your availability to work on a body of work from May to October with the selected team. This will involve 1 to 3 meetings per month and self-directed art creation.
- A letter of Intent (max. 400 words), addressing why you are interested in this residency and what inspires your practice.
- Portfolio of work
- Include 10 images from 2 to 3 different series. If your work is time-based, please contact Jennifer Long at email@example.com to discuss options.
- Embedded images should be approximately 8”x10”, 72 dpi
- Include an image credit under each visual. This should include the title, year, medium and scale.
Email the completed PDF or Dropbox link to firstname.lastname@example.org before May 5th, 12 noon. A jury will be struck to review the applications and applicants will be notified by May 18th of their acceptance.
For more info, check out our Facebook call!