Submit to RMG Exposed 2015!
The Robert McLaughlin Gallery’s Annual Fundraising Photography Auction
Calling all artists!
Submit your photographs to RMG Exposed for your chance to win great prizes, while supporting The Robert McLaughlin Gallery. Proceeds from RMG Exposed support education and community programming at the RMG, while helping to increase awareness of contemporary photography. For submission inquiries please contact Sonya Jones, Associate Curator at email@example.com
- Tuesday 30 June – Online applications open at rmgexposed.ca/apply/
- Sunday 20 September by 11:59 pm – Deadline for all submissions
- Friday 25 September – All applicants will be notified of their status via email
- Thursday 8 October before 9:00 pm – Deadline for selected works to be delivered to the RMG
- Saturday 14 November – RMG Exposed begins at 7pm at the RMG
- Ryan Cleary, Publisher, snapd Oshawa
- Natalie Spagnol, Administrative and Curatorial Assistant, Ryerson Image Centre
- Russell Styles, Photographer
2015 Artist Prizes
- Emerging Photographer Award: Spring 2016 Solo Exhibition Project at the RMG during the Contact Photography Festival.
- Photojournalism/Documentary Prize: Portfolio review. Supported by Stephen Bulger Gallery.
- Landscape/Nature Prize: Portfolio Review. Supported by ArtBarrage.
- Architecture/Urban Prize: $300 cash prize. Supported by Nick Swerdfeger Architects.
- Conceptual/Non-Representational Prize: $300 cash prize. Supported by Waddingtons.
- Best Youth Prize: $200 gift card to Robert Aldsworth Photo World. Supported by Robert Aldsworth Photo World.
- Community Choice Award: $300 cash prize. Supported by Snapd Oshawa. Awarded to a photograph selected as a finalist in the silent auction as voted by attendees at RMG Exposed.
For more information and to apply please visit rmgexposed.ca
About the RMG
The Robert McLaughlin Gallery (RMG) is a vibrant, engaging public art gallery located in Oshawa’s civic centre between City Hall and the McLaughlin Public Library. The largest gallery in Durham Region, the RMG occupies an inspired 36,000 square foot building designed by noted architect Arthur Erickson. Featuring a Permanent Collection of over 4,500 works, and four galleries of diverse and changing exhibitions, the RMG holds a significant collection of Modern and Contemporary Canadian art, and the largest collection of works by Painters Eleven in Canada.