Cailen Speers, Untitled 2015 (Sample of a strong selling image: quirky, simple, cute)
This is a call for all 3rd – 4th year students to submit photos.
We are putting together a print sale for the Union Station Holiday Market, running From November 30th – December 20th,. Toronto Market Co.’s Union Station Holiday Market showcases unique merchandise from specialty retail vendors, artisans, designers, food merchants and cultural institutions. A destination for Torontonians and visitors to browse, shop and embrace the holiday spirit. Attendance is free.
For the submissions, please submit the following:
- Size: We will accept the following sizes: 4″x6″, 5″x7″ or 8″x10″
- Number of prints: 3 to 10 prints. (We may be in touch to obtain extras)
- Presentation: Please ensure the prints are in good condition and edges are cleanly and evenly trimmed
- Packaging: Board and Bags will be available from the Photo Cage as of Friday, Nov 13. Please take the appropriate number from the cage and place your print and backing inside. A business/contact info should be provided.
- Drop: Once packaged, please place your prints in the container found in the Epson Digital Lab (marked “Print Sale”)
- Deadline: Friday, November 20th at 2 pm.
- Please note: depending upon the amount of submissions received, image selection may be rotated throughout the day.
**Because this is a public event, please refrain from submitting any works involving nudity, mature content and political reference**
Prints will be sold at a set price with a small percentage going to costs for packaging, square reader, and monitor fees. If you are interested in working in the both, keep an eye open for a general call for paid workers!
(Approximate pricing: 4″x5″/5″x7″ prints = $5, 8″x10″ prints = $15)
Sample images that have sold well at recent print sales:
Jacquelyn Holland, seascapes, dreamscapes, 2014
Francis Zhang, Untitled, From “Dangerous Journey II” Series, 2013
Images with people are OK but there has to be more than one face (ex: street photography – crowd of people, hidden faces, etc.)
Feel free to email your questions to Jay Chau (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Jenn Long (email@example.com)